Reebok Terms and Conditions for Website Use
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using this website and any Reebok content on social media sites (including without limit Facebook and Twitter) (together, the “Site”). These Terms and Conditions apply to all visits and use of the Site, as well as to the Content (as defined below), information, recommendations, products and/or services provided to you on or through the Site. By accessing and using the Site, you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety in addition to any other law or regulation that applies to the Site and the Internet. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, please leave the Site.
Friends and Family Sale - May 15 - 18
*Offer valid at all Reebok retail & outlet stores in Canada and at reebok.ca. For a limited time only. While quantities last. Some exclusions apply. Styles may vary by shopping location. The offer does not apply to previous transactions. Discount cannot be combined with other promotions or coupon codes. Offer starts on reebok.ca May 15, 2015 at 12:01am EST and ends May 18, 2015 at 11:59pm PST. Offer applicable in store during store hours. Offer does not apply to Your Reebok orders. Price matching does not apply on previous orders. This promotion is only valid on domestic Canadian orders on reebok.ca. Reebok reserves the right to change or end this promotion at any time.
Operator of the Site
The Site is operated by adidas Canada Limited, 8100, Highway #27, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4H 3N2, Canada (“Reebok”).
Content on the Site
All of the content featured or displayed on or through the Site, including, but not limited to, logos, icons, trade marks, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, software, and other information (“Content”) is owned by Reebok, its affiliated companies, its licensors or its content providers, as applicable. All elements of the Site including, but not limited to, the general design and the Content, may be protected by copyright, moral rights, database rights, trade mark and other laws relating to intellectual property or other rights. Except as explicitly permitted under these Terms and Conditions or another agreement with Reebok, no portion or element of the Site or its Content may be copied or retransmitted via any means. The Site, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Reebok, its affiliated companies, its licensors, or its content providers, as applicable, unless otherwise expressly agreed. All such rights are reserved.
Copyright and Trademarks
All rights in the Content, including copyright, are and remain owned by Reebok, its affiliated companies, its licensors, or content providers, as applicable. Except as may be otherwise indicated within the Site, you are authorised to view, play, print and download Content found on the Site for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes only. You may not modify any of the Content and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content. You may not re-use any Content without first obtaining the written consent of Reebok. The use of any Content on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from Content found on the Site.
In the event you download software (including but not limited to screensavers, smart phone applications, icons, videos and wallpapers) from the Site, the software, including but not limited to any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the “Software”) are licensed to you by Reebok. Reebok does not transfer title to the Software to you. You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but Reebok retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form. Your use of the Software may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, trade dress, icons and domain names (collectively "Marks") located on this Site are the property of Reebok, its parent or affiliate entities, their respective licensors or other third parties. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, distribute, or modify the Marks of Reebok or its parent or affiliate entities in any way, without Reebok's prior express written consent. The use of any of the Marks on any other website or network computer environment, for example the storage or reproduction of the Site (or any part of) in any external internet site is prohibited, without the express written consent of Reebok. Certain other trademarks, service marks, and logos provided on the Site are the trademarks or service marks of a third party and may not be used, copied or reproduced without the permission of the owner.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site and the Content are provided “as is” and without any warranties of any kind. The Content on the Site is for general information purposes only, and does not constitute advice.
Reebok does not represent or warrant that the Content and/or facilities contained on the Site are accurate, complete or current, or that the Site or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or any other harmful components. Further, Reebok will not provide for specific IT infrastructure or connectivity. Thus, Reebok does not represent or warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted or error free. Reebok does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the Content on the Site in terms of its correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise, in each case to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of the Site is entirely at your own risk. Reebok, its affiliated companies, licensors and content providers, and any of their respective employees, officers, directors or agents, and any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site or any Content shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Content or the Site, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Content on the Site, or the performance of the products or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, even if Reebok has been advised of the possibility of any such damages.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain damages under mandatory law, so some of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
Links to Third Parties
Misuse of the Site
You are prohibited from using the Site to post or transmit any User Generated Content (as defined below) which infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property or other rights or which is threatening, false, misleading, inflammatory, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, pornographic, abusive, discriminating, illegal or which could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to civil liability or violate any law. Reebok may deny you access to the Site at any time in its sole discretion, and which shall include situations where Reebok believes that your use of the Site is or may be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or applicable laws.
You are also prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation.
User Generated Content
All opinions, remarks, comments, artwork, graphics, photographs, links, questions, suggestions, information, videos and other materials that you or other users of the Site post to the Site or transmit using the Site (“User Generated Content”) will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. Accordingly, Reebok shall have the non-exclusive, royalty-free, right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any User Generated Content for any purpose, in any medium and throughout the world (“License”). You acknowledge and agree that Reebok only acts as a passive conduit for the distribution of the User Generated Content and is not responsible or liable to you or to any third party for the content or accuracy of the User Generated Content. Reebok does not continuously monitor User Generated Content published by you or moderating between users, nor shall Reebok be under an obligation to do so. However, Reebok reserves the right to do so from time to time, in its sole discretion. Without limit to the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any remarks, opinions, comments, suggestions and other information expressed or included in the User Generated Content do not necessarily represent those of Reebok. Any use by you of the User Generated Content is entirely at your own risk. You represent and warrant that any User Generated Content posted or transmitted by you is original to you and does not copy the work of any third party or otherwise infringe any third party intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or personal, or other rights of third parties, does not contain any defamatory or disparaging statements and does not otherwise violate the Terms and Conditions. Furthermore, you represent and warrant that you have the capacity to grant the License as stipulated in this paragraph. You agree to indemnify and keep Reebok, its affiliated companies, licensors and content providers harmless against all costs, expenses, damages, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered by Reebok, its affiliated companies, licensors and content providers related to any User Generated Content posted or transmitted by you, or otherwise through your use of the Site.
Reebok reserves the right at its sole discretion to block or remove (in whole or part) any User Generated Content posted or transmitted by you and which Reebok believes is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (including User Generated Content which infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or personality or other rights), or is otherwise unacceptable to Reebok.
You agree to promptly notify Reebok in writing (see How to Contact Us below for contact details) of any User Generated Content (or other Content) which you believe breaches or might breach these Terms and Conditions. You agree to provide to Reebok sufficient information to enable Reebok to investigate whether such User Generated Content (or other Content) breaches these Terms and Conditions. Reebok agrees to make good faith efforts to investigate such report and shall take such action as Reebok in its sole discretion decides. However, Reebok does not warrant or represent that it will block or remove (in whole or part) such User Generated Content or other Content.
Reebok maintains the policy of not reviewing or accepting any unsolicited submissions of ideas, inventions, designs and/or other materials related to Reebok business (including without limit footwear, apparel, sporting goods and services) whether consisting of texts, images, sounds, software, information or otherwise (the “Materials”) from persons external to Reebok. You should therefore not post any Materials on the Site or send these to Reebok by e-mail or otherwise.
How You Can Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about the Site or these Terms and Conditions or in the event that you wish to make a complaint or report regarding the Site (or its Content), then please click here.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Reebok reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions will mean you accept those changes.
Each provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other. If any provision is deemed invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable from and shall not affect the enforceability of any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
If you want to order products via the Site, you must also read and agree to the Delivery Terms.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario and you and Reebok hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario Courts.
Armed For Action Nano Testers Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR GOOGLE+.
1. Eligibility: Armed For Action Nano Testers Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Reebok Canada (the “Sponsor”), and their parent and affiliate companies, (“Promotion Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Reebok Canada, a Division of adidas Canada Limited, 8100 Highway 27, Woodbridge, ON L4H 3N2
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on May 8, 2015 at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on May 29, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: Entrants will need to share a non-copyrighted photo or video of why they deserve to be one of the first individuals to receive a pair of the new Nano 5.0 shoe.
Follow @reebokcanada on Instagram and take an original photo/video that responds to the question (each, a “Submission”), in an effort to best meet the Judging Criteria detailed below, and upload your Submission to Instagram. Your Submission must contain the hashtags #armedforaction #contest and must meet all the guidelines and restrictions in these Official Rules and in the challenge for you to be eligible for a prize. In order for us to contact you and for you to redeem your prize, your settings must be set to public.
If you enter this Contest using a Device, your wireless service provider’s data rates apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any charges demanded by your wireless carrier. Entrants should check their Device’s features for capabilities and check the Device manual for specific use instructions. By entering a photo or video, you agree that it conforms to the Guidelines and Contest Restrictions (as set forth below) and that Sponsor may disqualify you from the Contest, in its sole discretion, if your Submission does not comply with the Guidelines and Content Restriction or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The photo/video format and size must comply with Instagram limitations;
The photo/video must comply with Instagram terms and conditions;
The photo/video must include the hashtags #armedforaction #contest;
The photo/video must be your own, individual work; and
The photo/video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
Entrants should make best efforts to be the only person who is identifiable in the photo/video. In the event Sponsor determined, in its sole discretion, that a person, other than entrant is identifiable in the photo/video submission, such person(s) (or such person’(s) parent or legal guardian if they are not 18+ years of age or the age or majority in their jurisdiction) is/are required to sign a release agreement, which will be made available as necessary. Such Release document may be required in order to be deemed an official winner of a prize. Failure to provide such a release may result in disqualification of the entry from the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness, and photograph, for future advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Contest in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless restricted by law.
The photo/video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
The photo/video must not disparage Sponsor, its products or services or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
The photo/video must not contain brand names, brand logos, or trademarks, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary, other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and enter a photo/video in this Contest;
The photo/video must not contain text, images, artwork, or music not created by entrant;
The photo/video must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
The photo/video must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
The photo/video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where photo/video is created.
Limit: Each Entrant may submit one (1) Submission per day. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram account (“Account”). Any attempt by any participant to submit more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of the entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor’s other promotions. If any individuals appear in the photo/video, Entrant must have permission to use their name and likeness and to grant the rights set forth therein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable by Sponsor. Posting and/or Publicly Sharing a photo/video constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such photo/video in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Photo or any portion thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Photos, which are disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address use to register for that Account will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being authorized account holder.
6. Judging Period/Judging Criteria: After the Entry Period has ended, there will be a Judging Period. During the Judging Criteria, judges, who will be determined by Sponsor it its sole discretion, shall judge all eligible Entries utilizing the following Judging Criteria, in order to determine twenty (20) winners from the Entry Period, as fully detailed below:
Creativity/Originality of Submission (40%);
Fit to the Contest Theme of demonstrating why you should receive the new Nano 5.0 (30%); and
Quality of Submission (30%).
In the event of any tie in any Entry Period, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the Creativity/Originality category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be selected as the winner from among the tied entrants. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner if, in its sole discretion, it finds contest on his or her social media pages to be inconsistent with the brand’s image (for example, if it is in violation of any of the content restrictions above). The Judges decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
7. Winner Requirements: Sponsor will notify the potential prize winner(s) via a comment from @reebokcanada on the potential prize winners’ Instagram Submission used to enter the Contest on or about June 5, 2015. Each potential winner will be required to take the specified steps provided in the message with the requested contact information within 48 hours of receiving the win notification and will need to provide a written affirmation and warranty of ownership of the Submission and rights to use likenesses within 5 days of notification. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond with the requested contact information within the required time period, fails to provide the required documentation/assurances, or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. If a prize is forfeited or returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to a runner-up from the Entry Period, based on the Judging Criteria above, up to 3 alternates, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 10 below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of Contest Period.
10 Prizes: One (1) pair of Nano 5.0. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $130.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each prize winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than twenty (20) Prizes if there are fewer than twenty (20) eligible entries meeting all Judging Criteria.
9. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof), and select the winners for the Entry Period(s) at issue, from the non-suspect, eligible Submissions received for the Entry Period prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Reebok International Ltd., Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Google Inc., and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, promotional partners, prize partners, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Submissions; (e) late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, posts, mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Despite the foregoing, for Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Promotion or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the laws and courts of the province of Ontario; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no event including attorneys' fees, disbursements or court costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
12. Winners List: To find out the name of the winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope on or before July 5, 2015 to Reebok Canada, 8100 Highway 27, Woodbridge, ON L4H 3N2, ATTN: Dan Aversa, Armed For Action Nano Testers.